Monday

Disney Themed Birthday Party

Hello everyone !

Today's post is about well... My 22nd birthday that I had this week ! As a massive Disney lover I decided to throw a Disney themed house party for me and my closest friends. As I was very busy with school work as well as with party planning it took me a week to decorate the place and cook and bake everything. I painted most of the decorations myself (with some help from my lovely friend) and also I challenged myself in the kitchen. I decided that I wanted everything from pasta to chocolate be done by me.

Invited people had to turn up dressed up as given at random sidekick characters from Disney movies. We had Pain and Panic from Hercules, Meeko and Flit from Pocahontas , Gus and Jaq from Cinderella , The Pink Pegasus from Hercules that Pain and Panic turned into to seduce Pegasus, Zazu and Rafiki from The Lion King and I was suppose to be Cri-Kee from Mulan but as I got stuck in the kitchen trying to finish everything on time I didn't manage to think of a costume. Looking at how busy I was I consider myself excused !

I decorated the apartment with my favourite Disney movies : Beauty and The Beast, Pocahontas, Little Mermaid and Tangled. I wanted to throw a couple of more movies in but they didn't make much sense together. Unfortunately I wasn't taking many pictures (it kept slipping my mind) so I'm posting the only ones I've got so far. Hopefully you'll be able to get at least a tiny bit of what the whole thing looked liked.




Food wise I made everything inspired by food in Disney movies. The menu consisted of : 

- Apples fresh and in Carmel (Snow White) 
- Watermelon (Aladdin) 
- Bananas (Jungle Book) 
- Cherries (Pocahontas) 
- Chocolate Chip Cookies (Tangled) 
- Cupcakes (cause they're awesome) 
- Sushi (Monster Inc.)
- Pizza  (Carpet from Aladdin) 
- Homemade Pasta with Meatballs in a Tomato sauce (Lady & Tramp) 
- Chicken Drumsticks (A lot of Disney movies)
- Ratatouille (Guess from which movie... And not exactly the same as in Ratatouille) 
- Corn (Pocahontas) 

Of course because I have friends who a) don't eat pork b) don't eat vegetables c) are vegetarians I had to make two Pizzas (one with no meat, second one with just meat and no pork) and also two different types of Sushi (some with prawns and some with a carrot instead of prawns). 

We played Disney music, we played a Disney game for children which is call "Headbanz", I opened up presents I got from my friends and we simply had a blast ! 

Here's a short video of how everything looked when first guests started arriving. Sorry for chaotic recording. I was in a rush. 





I hope you enjoyed that post and I hope it inspired you in any way :) 


Have fun !

Butterfingered Chef 

No comments:

Post a Comment