Wednesday

Blood Sausage Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner !

Blood sausage ? Wait, what ?

Well, if you never ate anything like that then you definitely should !

Kaszanka - it's a traditional Polish cuisine. It's a combination of buckwheat, pig offal (like liver, skin, lungs, fat) and pig's blood stuffed in pig's intestine. Sounds disgusting ? Well, don't let it put you off.

Kaszanka is somewhat similar to a Scottish Haggis (sheep's pluck (heart, liver and lungs); minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock, and traditionally encased in the animal's stomach). It is usually served with onions and potatoes but personally I love to eat it with scrambled eggs and toast. It can be eaten cold or grilled. I think the grilled version is much better and the crunchier the skin the more pleasure from eating it you will have. It is great for breakfast, lunch, dinner or as an appetiser !

I love Kaszanka for it's taste but also for the memories I have connected to it for example family grill at my grandparents summer house. 

I bet that even if you have doubts about it the smell of it will convince you to try it . 




Bon Appétit !

Butterfingered Chef

Breakfast with my family where Blood Sausage was the Queen of the table. 


No comments:

Post a Comment